– We love beer, and we love what we do. So we made our perfect shop for it. If it has alcohol, we have the ingredients and the know-how to make it, from novice to expert: beer, wine, cider, mead, etc.
What are you presenting at the Baton Rouge Mini Maker Faire?
– We will be demonstrating how to create beer, wine, and cider, start to finish with simple, easy steps.
Why is making important to you?
– Changing the mindset from being a consumer to becoming a creator has been pivotal for us. It proves that you can make almost anything – from your favorite beer to a canoe to your own company. If you see it, eat it, or drink it – you can make it yourself, and add your own twist. We are just glad the library is sponsoring such an awesome event!
What was the first thing you remember making?
– The first thing I ever made was a second story addition to my tree house. It was awesome.
Can you tell us some more about the Baton Rouge Homebrewing community?
Baton Rouge is lucky to have the most homebrew clubs in the state for those who want to learn how to brew or learn more about beer. From the laid back Bicycle Brew Club founded by August Roland, to the beer czars at Redstick Brewmasters with Keith Primeaux, to a mix of party and style with Brasseurs a la Maison started by a Blake Winchell, there is a place where you can learn how to make great beer, and drink plenty of it. Check each club out on Facebook to find their meeting times and place or call LA Homebrew to find out more.
What have you made that you are most proud of?
– Our proudest accomplishment has been helping grow the amazing homebrewing community in Louisiana and being able to continually support local charities and fundraisers. The community has been growing so quickly it’s incredible, and homebrewers are always ready to donate to a good cause!
Given an unlimited budget, what would you make?
– A chain of homebrew shops from sea to shining sea with world class breweries right next to them!
LA HomeBrew is located at 7987 Pecue Lane Suite 7-G Baton Rouge LA, 70809
Open Monday-Friday from 12-7pm; Saturday 10am-4pm